Wednesday, March 12, 2008


I've tried mosaic work. I used to volunteer at Recycled Gardens, the resale plant nursery at www.POPPAinc.org to benefit animals. Other volunteers would make lovely, mosaic outdoor tabletops. Not me. I guess I'm a one-trick knittin' pony.

As a result of trying my hand at mosaic and failing, I have a deep appreciation for the planning, the artistic discretion and the creativity that go into mosaic art. Today, I'd like to bring your attention to an outstanding mosaic artist who hails all the way from sunny, beautiful, Northern Italy: MosaicAndoCreations. Look at all those tiny, perfectly placed pieces in "Mii," the piece above! It must have taken a week or more to create such precision, and each glistening piece hand-cut by Eva herself (Eva is classically trained in mosaics)!

I'm utterly flabbergasted that someone so amazingly talented would think my handknit scarves are anything special, so it is with a bit of disbelief that I announce that Eva has included me in a gorgeous treasury of Green & Violet spring items, dedicated to her friends!! I'm almost speechless. She chose my Violet Purple, Teal Aqua Turquoise, Blue-Green Handknit Boa Scarf, below. To see the full collection of Greens & Violets, please visit http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=33387 through Saturday, March 15, 2008

Multi grazie, Eva!

No comments: