Monday, June 20, 2011

Why is the Fringe Prop Expert Now Making Baby HATS?!

For years, when asked about baby hats to match my PuffPelts™, Fringie™ blankets and Belly 2 Baby™ wraps in my photo prop boutique, I've referred photographers to order their beanies from fantastic designers such as KnitrGal, OopsIKnitItAgain, KnitWitWoolies, PDXBeanies and other favorites of mine.

I just hadn't caught the hat-making bug (and I'm a big believer in following our own, creative passion)! Besides, I felt like everything had already been done already and as you know, I will only launch a product if it's not available elsewhere.

Then....I had an urge. And I had an idea, too (this image from Lenka Green of Jammin' Swing Photography in Edgewater, Florida is of the finished hat)! :)



Top priority: I Googled to make sure my idea wasn't out there already, even though I had never seen it. Nope; I seem to have really hit on something brand new!

So, I got to knitting (I create without following patterns, so since this was my VERY FIRST hat, I was on my own to decide on the perfect yarn and the right size and number of stitches) .... initially the little beanie-to-be looked like this:



Then I stitched it together and it was really starting to look like a real hat:



But I was just getting started; I still needed to add the 'specialness' that would make it stand out from all other hats! At first it looked like a beanie with fake "hippie hair" attached, ha ha:



Then I bundled it all together to make an adorable stocking cap with a topknot tassel pom at the top (image by Tracy Joy Photography in the Chicagoland, Illinois area):



And here it is shown on a red cylinder with my matching 'Granola' cream fringe hammock /blanket )underneath:



I'll still continue to honor the hard work of fellow prop designers and credit them whenever I gratefully receive a photo of "the pics u take with the props I make," that includes someone else's hat; I love my hat-making peeps! :D And now I'll be adding my design voice to the choir if a photographer would like to order a matching hat along with their Crickets prop blankie.

As always, thank you for your support and interest; I hope you feel the love and appreciation coming from the Crickets Cribb every day!

Hugs,
Celeste (Crickets)
Get a matching hat and blanket set, too!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Celeste,
These are adorable and a perfect compliment to your other beautiful products!

Liz
http://bittersweetdesignstudio.blogspot.com/

Crickets Creations: Handcrafted Fashion Accessory Scarves and Fringies Professional Photo Portrait Props said...

Thank you, Liz! :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

These are the most unique creation yet! I LOVE them!!!