Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Quali"T" of "QT Pa2T"



Quality & attention to detail are two of the nicest things about supporting handmade artists. For example, please check out the shop announcement of QT PA2T (yes, that sounds out as "Cutie Patootie!"):

'All of my items are handcrafted with attention to detail ... All ribbon ends are heat sealed to prevent fraying (even the ends you don't see). I hand sew all of my bows, too..."

The other nice thing about buying handmade is that you get to deal with a "real person." Here's a little more about Whitney of QT, from her online Profile:

"I am a very happy Stay At Home Mom to 3 "QT PA2Ts". I have 2 girly girls and that's where the love for making girly accessories bloomed. I hope you enjoy checking out my shop!!"

Most importantly for me, I love the community of handmade artists that I find on Etsy, "your place to buy & sell all things handmade." For example, Whitney also writes in her shop announcement: "Check out my pal's shop for super cute scrabble tile pendants~ raychelham.etsy.com." Yes, that's the same Raychelham featured here recently! And, Whitney was kind enough to add my new
Chocolate Ganache Brown Teddy Bear Handknit Scarf
to her latest Chocolate Covered Oranges treasury, which I truly feel is front page material...what do you think?? :)

No comments: