Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Men Need Nurturing, Too



They're tough, they're manly...and sometimes they need pampering and tender care just as women do. :) I have a very special man in my life, Nicholas (I get to call him Nicky). In fact, Nicky is my muse, my inspiration & the very reason I started designing and selling my scarf designs. I made my very first scarf for him, he helped me pick out the colors (see a picture of it here). And when he saw it, he loved it so much that he encouraged me, saying, "You could totally sell these and people would love 'em!" Over 350 scarves sold later, I guess he was right. ;)

Besides being my inspiration, Nicky is my constant companion, my best friend and my biggest cheerleader. So, I try to pamper him whenever possible, too. And that's where jewelry designer SilentWhispers comes in. Happily married with three, teenaged boys, the subject of this feature is also a Brit living in Texas who practices Reiki and is a breast cancer survivor.

As if to prove the point that one secret to a truly rewarding relationship is to give as well as receive, SilentWhispers has recently brought her insight and wit to her latest "Treasure He" collection of items that one might purchase for a cherished man (whether husband, father, brother or other, tee hee). The subtitle is, "After all, isn't he special?"

I thought that was really nice, and as a thank you for including my brand new Taupe Mushroom Boucle, Handknit Man Scarf with Hints of Walnut and Caramel Browns, I've highlighted this very wonderful lady in today's blog post. SilentWhispers, thanks for a very important reminder!

2 comments:

Silent Whispers said...

Thank you so much for including me in your blog, you sure did make me smile!! lol

I love your creations, wishing you continued success :)

Silent Whispers

Crickets Creations: Handcrafted Fashion Accessory Scarves and Fringies Professional Photo Portrait Props said...

Dear Joanne,

Featuring you was my pleasure! Thank you for the wonderful reminder to "Treasure He!"
Celeste (Crickets)