Sunday, August 31, 2008

Copper Frog Studios: The Woman Behind the Work



You'll be drawn in on first look at the serene sophistication of Copper Frog Studio's sterling silver jewelry pieces. From the online studio's profile:

"I am Lori Owens and my passion is creating jewelry. As an artist, I love to create in all sorts of media, but my true love is the art of metalsmithing. My jewelry is made with a fun, rustic and whimsical flare. I find inspiration in metal (especially sterling silver and patinated metals), nature, the ordinary and the unusual. All of these inspirations come together in my imagination to form anything from simple everyday wear to timeless classics.

I enjoy doing custom work. If you see something you like that has been sold or even if you want something that is an original—designed just for you, I would be happy to discuss it with you."

Now, we know that Lori's had some color theory training, since her latest "Balance...between opposites" treasury (a collection of images of items for sale on Etsy, your place to buy and sell all things handmade) features complementary colors blue & orange. Blue & orange really bring out the best in one another because they're opposite one another on the color wheel. The combo really pops! Thank you, Lori, for including my Terra Cotta Skies Blue Rust Copper Orange Handknit Scarf in your Balance treasury! You're welcome anytime here in the Golden Circle of Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon & Zion National Park. I know you'd love the interplay of the red cliffs with the blue skies. :)

2 comments:

devilchasnme said...

I came over from a forum on etsy to look at your blog and sorry but I can't even read it. The color combination of blue on orange is unreadable and hurts my eyes.

Unknown said...

Thank you..... you are such a lovely person! Your Blog looks great! You've been working really hard! Blessings to you as well!