Wednesday, January 8, 2014

When I excitedly posted on facebook about 3,000 scarves sold at Crickets Creations, one of my friends commented, "Well done- you should be proud!"

The thing is, I feel just the opposite of proud; I feel incredibly humbled and grateful.  I wrote,"Tears in my eyes over here because I feel so lucky to have been able to have met and connected with so many amazing, kind and positive customer-friends. I love being part of something so fun and joy-filled."

 
This is how I really feel:
Interesting Image
 
And please let me give you just one example of why:
Interesting Image
 
This photo was taken by Texas portrait photographer Joanna Holt. Joanna was planning her long-awaited wedding renewal with husband Phil (every detail was perfect!) and had commissioned me to design a fringed bridal wrap in their renewal colors.

Despite the fact that I had sent it off with plenty of time to spare via 2-3 day USPS Priority Mail, it didn't arrive *at all* in time and Joanna didn't get to wear the wrap that she'd custom ordered specifically for the event.

What did Joanna do in the face of this unacceptable outcome?  Did she file a non-delivery complaint?  Did she leave me negative feedback to mar that perfect, unbroken five star review record that I hold so dear?  Did she say, "I can't use this now, I'd like a refund?"  No, not at all! 

Instead she turned lemons into lemonade, refused my offer to refund and insisted on using the wrap in her next newborn session (the image above).  I think this baby girl looks like a newborn holiday angel with the wrap as her wings, don't you?  And Joanna is just one of the many grown-up holiday angels who made this year so extraordinary for me and my little business.

So, thank you, from the bottom of my heart to all of my "angels" who make my life and work so rewarding!
Celeste (Crickets)
Receive email updates
Visit Crickets online
435-689-0907

No comments: